Solder paste is a material used in the manufacture of printed circuit boards to connect surface mount components to pads on the board. It is also possible to solder through hole pin in paste components by print solder paste in/over the holes. The paste initially adheres components in place by being sticky, it is then heated (along with the rest of the board) melting the paste and forming a mechanical connection as well as an electrical connection. The paste is applied to the board by stencil printing and then the components are put in place by a pick-and-place machine or by hand.
OS Technosys offer a very low residue, no cleaning range of solder paste designed to maximize SMT line throughput and yield. The flux is rheologically formulated to provide excellent ultra fine pitch and high speed printing property. The solder paste activation system has been optimized to enhance joint solder ability, solder balls and other soldering defects while maintaining long term reliability.
Features & benefits
• The solder paste is suitable for ultra-fine pitch applications such as 0.5mm (20mil) pitch Flip-Chip and 0201 assembly
• Excellent print repeatability to 0.25mm (10mil) circles at high print speeds (based upon a 0.125mm (5 mil) stencil thickness).
• Excellent response to pause performance, generating less defects due to start up.
• Uses universally available Type 3 powder.
• High print speed and fast release speed to give rapid print cycle times.
• Efficient activation system providing defect free soldering with fast oven throughput times (2.5 minutes time to peak).
• Low residue level with minimal spread for reliable underfilling processes and results.
• Excellent solder balling characteristics
• Excellent reliability properties, halide-free material
• OST- SP (Sn63/Pb37)
• OST- SP (SAC-0307)